Blog Updated Daily

Saturday, August 30, 2008

MS Challenge Preparation

I have completed two twelve mile training walks which is in
preparation to completing the MS Challenge three day 50 mile walk which starts in just one week. This time next week I will have completed just 20 miles of the 50. I know that the first day isn't going to be too difficult but the
other two I am not so sure about. I have purchused and broken in two pairs
of sneakers, have stocked piled some moleskin, gotten enough shorts and
t-shirts to make it through the weekend. The only thing left to get is Body
Glide, ever heard of it? Me neither but I plan on purchasing it and using
it. Any other suggestions for a more comfortable walk from experienced
althetes, which I am not, are being accepted and will be appreciated.

When I registered for the MS Challenge Walk, I took on not one, but two significant challenges: to complete the rigorous event, and to raise money funding services and research to help create a world free of multiple sclerosis. At some point during the MS Challenge Walk, my feet might ache or I might feel tired, but my thoughts will never be far from those who must every day move forward with the fatigue, immobility, and other symptoms of multiple sclerosis. I still feel forunate enough to not have any one in my immediate family with MS but I am starting to realize that more people have it then I ever thought. I hope that my walking now helps them and their families in the future.

That's why I'm asking you to support my fund raising efforts with a tax
deductible donation.Please make a donation on by my behalf or campaign for donations on my behalf by forwarding this email to all your family, friends and co-workers
because they that might be interested in donating to this charitable cause
also. All help is appreciated.

It's faster and easier than ever to support this cause that's so important
to me. Simply click on the link at the bottom of this message. If you
prefer, you can send your contribution to the address listed below.

Any amount, great or small, helps to make a difference in the lives of
people living with MS. I appreciate your support and look forward to letting
you know how I do.

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Challenge/MAMChallengeWalkEvents?px=5329348&pg=personal&fr_id=8862&s_tafId=72450

Click here to view the team page for Scrap Dogs
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Challenge/MAMChallengeWalkEvents?team_id=101716&pg=team&fr_id=8862&s_tafId=72450

No comments: