Blog Updated Daily

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Training for MS Challenge

Training success.

I have completed two weekend walks of 10.5 miles and 12 miles. The first walk of 10.5 miles I completed close to home but the second one of 12 miles I walked 6 miles away from home and back. I needed to leave my comfort zone and safety of my neighborhood and I was OK. I took a day off after the 12 miles for recovery but walked the next day and will continue to walk on a training schedule because I vowed to train up to the walk. Its only two weeks away. Yikees.

I have said before I am forunate not to have anyone close to my family with MS but during my fundraising efforts I have found that many people I know have family members or friends that suffer with MS. These are the people that I am walking for and for those that are suffering with the emotional lose of family members that passed due to MS. I don't want them or anyone else to suffer in the future. If me doing this can help in the future then I know I am helping now.

More to come on this.

No comments: