Blog Updated Daily

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MS Challange Walk

I am training for the MS Challange Walk being held in Cape Cod in September.

My job actually helps me in my trainging, You ask how? Cold calling! I walk to store after store carrying a bag full of catalogs. It really can be a test of endurance both physical and mental. I am strong so the carrying of the catalogs and walking isn't as bad as the rejections that I receive from potential customers that do not want my catalog.

That's OK. I walk on.

If you are interested in supporting me in my walk for MS, please visit my donation page at .

I will try and update this blog with information concerning my training and the final walk!

As of today, I generally complete 3 to 4 five mile walks a week plus my cold calling walks daily but I have completed one 10.5 mile walk and felt as if I could have made it to 20 miles without much problem. Of course the next day might be a problem. We sill see.

This weeks short training took me for a 5+ mile walk along Newport, RI's scenic Cliff Walk and back along the famous Bellevue Avenue. It was a beautiful afteroon with my two children walking with me.

This weekend I am going for 14 miles.

Any past walkers out there? Suggestions and helpful hints appreciated.

No comments: